Value of Certification
A DRI International certification is the most widely recognized and respected business continuity certification in the world. DRI only certifies professionals that have demonstrated both knowledge and experience in the business continuity and/or disaster recovery profession.
Our certification is not for sale and cannot be obtained through alternate routes. Only hard work, demonstration of experience and a commitment to the business continuity and/or disaster recovery profession can earn you a DRI certification.
The following outlines some of the value in holding a DRI certification:
Value to your organization:
- Prestige: Certification adds prestige to your organization and its employees. By publicizing employee certification, you are promoting your organization as forward-thinking and committed to professional development in key areas.
- Professional Development: Certification supports continuous professional development, since professionals who earn certification in business continuity are required to maintain their certification. This involves a variety of methods including attending conferences and meetings, membership in local organization, making presentations, and conducting training sessions.
- Increased Skills: Certification provides training in a commonly accepted body of knowledge and business continuity planning strategy that have been developed and used successfully by many organizations.
- Independent Verification: Certification includes a rigorous testing process, which ensures that individuals are fully trained and knowledgeable in the field of business continuity according to commonly accepted industry standards.
- Networking: Certification builds a network of colleagues who can share expertise and experiences.
Value to certified professionals:
- Recognition: Earning a DRI certification affirms professional expertise. Your employer, clients, employees and peers will recognize your DRI credential as validation of the knowledge and skills you have gained through experience.
- Demonstrable Knowledge: Certification demonstrates knowledge and working experience as a leader with the ability to successfully implement BCM solutions for your organization or client.
- Higher Salaries: Independent studies have confirmed that a DRI certification helps professionals working in the business continuity industry command higher salaries versus non-certified professionals.
- Marketability: Certified professionals seeking new positions are more marketable. DRI’s certification gives you an edge in today’s competitive world.
- Professional contribution to the community