The course is designed to expose the participants to all aspects of a holistic BCM program and to determine the most appropriate requirements for their organization. This is a fast paced interactive course offering that has ten lessons and is completed in four days. In each lesson, the planner’s role, tasks and objectives, planning requirements, tools, techniques, and validation are designed to assist the planner to move through this course and to directly apply these materials to their working environment. The DRI International BCM Qualifying Examination is held at the completion of the course on day 5.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
• Define the acronyms and terminology utilized in the business continuity industry;
• Recall the roles of the business continuity planner and the executive management team in the development, testing, and maintenance of business continuity plans;
• Recognize the business continuity planning stages and their individual requirements;
• Identify and explain certain trends in the business continuity field;
• Design effective business continuity/disaster recovery efforts for case studies through the application of the knowledge gained in this class;
• Complete the DRI Certification Examination.
Following the introduction, the course will review each of the ten Professional Practices. This will include:
• Reviewing the actual Professional Practice
• The practical application of the practice
• Classroom exercise for the Professional Practice
• A review of the key topics from the Professional Practice
• A knowledge check using questions based on the material from the Professional Practice